Found in: beBee S GB
This job advert is available in BSL here.
Blanche Nevile is a unique provision for deaf children, aged 3-16, with Primary and Secondary departments, situated in the heart of north London and co-located with two excellent mainstream schools. We are a bi-lingual school where British Sign Language (BSL) is taught and used alongside spoken English.
We are seeking a Deputy Headteacher. The position will have responsibilities across the school and specific responsibilities for the Secondary Department.
The Governors have decided to create this post to strengthen the school’s leadership team to make up progress on the School Development Plan following the pandemic and create future stability for our children and staff. The successful candidate will join our Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher (Primary) to form the school’s Senior Leadership Team.
We’re looking for a leader that values kindness and high standards equally. They will have a passion for special education and be committed to providing the best possible education to the school’s pupils.
As well as holding the necessary qualifications, leadership and teaching experience outlined in the job description, the successful candidate will already use BSL or be fully committed to working towards achieving BSL Level 1 ahead of starting at the school.
Application and selection process
- Complete the application form which can be found on the school website, and return it by 11.55am on 4 May 2021. The panel of governors will short list candidates for further assessment and interview based upon the criteria in the person specification met, the statement of suitability and the application overall.
- Shortlisting will take place on 4 and 5 May – short listed candidates will be invited to interview by the end of 5 May – references will be requested from referees at this point.
- Interviews and assessment will take place on 11 May.
- Significant care will be taken to ensure Covid and overall safety of candidates, staff, pupils and the panel.
- The assessment will involve teaching a short lesson and simulation of leadership activity. During the whole day, candidates will be assessed on their interaction with pupils and staff.
- The interview will further test how well candidates meet the person specification along with the behaviours and values needed in the role (documented in the job description).
The successful candidate is expected to start at the school for the Autumn term (September 2021) or sooner if available.
Location: Muswell Hill, North London
Salary: Leadership Scale L15-L19
5 days ago
Muswell Hill, Greater London, United Kingdom
BLANCHE NEVILE SCHOOL