Health and Safety Manager
Found in: Whatjobs Premium
Description:Job Title: Health & Safety Manager
Location: A358/A417 South West
Max Annual Salary: £65,00 + car/allowance
Vacancy Type: Full Time Permanent
Responsible for assisting to develop a positive health & safety culture focused upon accident prevention and improving the health & safety of all personnel on site. Initiate and maintain positive measures to raise standards, ensuring the company complies with OHSAS 18001 obligations, health & safety legislation and all minimum health & safety standards (MSS). Support the monitoring of sites through the audit process, in a proactive manner to address any issues.
You will be responsible for ensuring effective investigations take place to prevent accidents & incidents, whilst ensuring effective learning from all events are presented to The Senior Health & Safety Manager for wider business distribution.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Setting the Standard
* Have a detailed knowledge of health & safety legislation and ensure that the works are undertaken in compliance with all statuary and company requirements.
* Ensure a construction phase health & safety plan is prepared and accepted before works start and ensure the plan is continually updated throughout the project.
* Introduce initiatives to improve standards and ensure safe working, whilst focusing on the proactive side of health & safety management.
* Provide effective leadership to the team to ensure learning and development of all those persons under your control. Ensure that they are performing against their technical competencies as defined within their GRD and project specific duties.
* Identify, promote and where required implement health & safety best practice.
* Participate in supporting the business with regards to tenders and pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQ's) and tender submissions, as designated by Senior Safety Manager/Preconstruction Team.
* Prior to commencement on site of any subcontractor ensure an effective prestart health & safety meeting is held to a formal agenda.
* Be aware of the project programme, with particular reference to the number of personnel on site at each stage, type of work to be undertaken by contractors, and the risk of contractors creating hazards for others in the same area and ensure effective daily coordination briefings are taking place
* Work with the supply chain to establish effective relationships and ensure continuous improvement in delivering safety solutions.
* Establish a system to ensure that all personnel on site have a valid and appropriate CSCS card, or equivalent for their occupation.
* Establish a system to ensure that all personnel on site, to work or to visit, have received a site induction briefing before going on site. Ensure the induction is regularly updated to reflect current site hazards/conditions.
* Ensure that key health & safety documents are prepared in line with client specific requirements.
* Ensure effective investigations take place in relation to all incidents or accidents which involve harm, ill health or an event which could have resulted in a more significant outcome.
Occupation Competency Card: Relevant CSCS card
Qualification: NEBOSH Diploma (or similar)
Additional Role Requirements:
Experience: Civils experience (preferably in large highways projects), and managing a range of associated H&S hazards. Experience in pre-construction and construction phases of such schemes, writing of detailed plans commensurate with a H&S Manager as well as effectively supporting the project through delivery
Desirable:CMIOSH (Preferable) GradIOSH (Minimum)
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website
3 months ago
Somerset, United Kingdom