Estate Accountant (TO-F8E5D)
Found in: Whatjobs Premium
Excellent introductory financial role to a busy Finance team. This role would suit someone who has already had a financial role with a Managing Agent and has started, or is looking to start, their progression through a professional qualification, such as ACCA or CIMA.
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years’ experience in a financial role with a Managing Agent and will be looking to take their career to the next level with St George. Ideally the candidate will be looking to continue their studies for a professional qualification, which will be supported within the companies study support scheme.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Responsible for supporting the Senior Estate Accountant in a number of areas, including:
* Managing all financial aspects of managing our completed developments including, service charge accounts, estimates, credit control and handovers for twenty live developments across London with a handful more in the pipeline
* Project manage - Co-ordination with Managing Agents and External Accountants regarding the production of service charge accounts, half-yearly accounts, service charge estimates and monthly reporting, delivering to strict deadlines
* Prepare financial estate management reports for the monthly senior management meetings
* Management of KPI’s to monitor progress in financial areas controlled by managing agents
* Monitor service charge collection (c £60m) to ensure timely collection.
* Review Legal Consent Forms in the event of late payment of service charge arrears
* Provide support in regular meetings with managing agents to review financial and non-financial estate matters
* Monitor and control development balances working capital levels
* Managing voids liabilities and checking for accuracy of the calculations
* Assist in the creation and review of budgets for new developments/phases
* Introducing new procedures to improve financial performance of managing agents
* Reviewing the cyclical maintenance costing and CAPEX plans for repair and replacement to appraise the adequacy of reserve fund and collection
* Benchmarking managing agents, providing feedback to management
* External auditor tenders, deciding on types of engagement, negotiation of fees
* Involvement/supporting in CHP set up and billing
* Maintaining good relationships with managing agents
* Liaising with a number of St George Estate Managers on operational and Financial matters
* Degree level, but not essential
* Studying CIMA/ACCA qualification, but not essential
* Preferably from Managing Agent background
* Experience in financial property management / service charge is essential
* Proactive approach and able to adapt to the evolving requirements of the role.
* Professional in approach and a strong communicator.
* Able to communicate credibly and effectively to non-financial professionals, internally and externally.
* Able to get things done through influencing the wider team including non-direct reports.
* Excellent organisational skills and an ability to balance and deliver against varied workloads and tight deadlines.
* Exceptional attention to detail.
* Desire to be an integral part of St George
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.30pm Monday to Friday
3 weeks ago
Greater London, Fulham, United Kingdom