Plant Manager (TO-9D253)
Found in: Whatjobs Premium
Description:Plant Manager – £45K to £50K plus package - West London
Our client is a leading company within the environmental sector, delivering pioneering, sustainable solutions to their clients' waste management needs.
As part of their growth in this exciting area they are looking to employ a Site Manager to oversee the operations at one of their London premises.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Site Manager will manage the day to day plant operations in accordance with license obligations, Operating Procedures and Health & Safety Procedures, including KPI Targets, business objectives and overall management of site personnel. There will also be an opportunity to be involved in project work for new site openings.
This is a hands-on engineering / operations role so may suit an engineer with supervisory experience looking to take the next step into a plant manager position, or an already established depot / site manager with a solid engineering background looking to join a rapidly growing company.
The key points the Site Manager will be responsible for will be;-
• Supervisory management of site personnel including team leaders and maintenance technicians.
• Provide out of hours assistance to the site via phone, site visits and utilisation of the maintenance technician
• Maintain continuity of operations in line with license and H&S requirements and on site PPC permit including liaison with Environment Agency
• Manage operation spending and budgets
• Liaison with customers and regulators as required
• Manage Plant Admin in conjunction with admin personnel
• Assist with Recruitment, Discipline Staff Training
This is not exhaustive and the successful candidate will be required to have flexibility and the ability to think ‘outside the box’.
Ideally the successful candidate will have experience in the following areas;
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
• Significant engineering experience with associated qualifications e.g. HNC / HND in mechanical engineering, 17th Edition Electrical an advantage
• Heavy process plant experience and management of associated Health, Safety and Environmental concerns
• Excellent people management experience with associated communication skills for staff and customers
• An understanding on waste legislation, studying for WAMITAB or willing to complete this with the Client
• Technical expertise with the capability of undertaking running repairs, contractor control and permit to work.
• Good knowledge of IT e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint
This is an excellent opportunity to join a UK leader in a modern waste management environment. So if you would like to join a rapidly growing company who have a clearly defined path to success and sustainability please apply today
2 months ago
Greater London, Isleworth, United Kingdom
Connect With Limited