Outreach Support Worker (TO-25BC6)
Found in: Whatjobs Premium
CRG are recruiting for a number of Outreach Support Workers across the West London areas, paying between £9.00-£11.00 p/h on a temporary role basis.
Your new company
Due to our clients' rapid expansion, we are actively seeking committed, conscientious, and high calibre support workers to join their dynamic teams based across various West London areas. You would be based according to your location.
Your new role
You will be providing key work support to young people that reside within their 24-hour shared accommodation units. We are seeking experienced individuals who share their commitment to providing the highest quality support and can demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative, as well as being a team player with a strong work ethic.
Main purpose of Job:
* To ensure consistent delivery of high-quality services to service users, partner organisations and staff alike in accordance with the policy and procedures of the organisation
* To undertake direct work with young people living in standalone flats or shared accommodation which aims to enable them to gain the confidence and skills to live independently as well as supporting them practically and emotionally in their day-to-day lives.
1. Direct Work
* To form caring, respectful and professional relationships with young people.
* To contribute to the holistic assessment of the young person’s needs including writing support plans and comprehensive risk assessments to identify any protection issues.
* To assist young people in completing actions as identified in their support plan/risk assessment (i.e. help with claiming benefits, dealing with tenancy issues, finding employment training or education, registering with GP, Dentist, optician etc).
* To provide emotional and practical support to young people in their daily lives and any issues which may arise.
* To work through the ‘Transition into Independence’ programme with young people where required
* To deliver services within a solution-focused brief therapy approach and act as a positive role model for young people.
* To address wider support needs and encourage opportunities for personal development and achievement within Every Child Matters outcomes framework.
* To meet with young people either in the community or at their home address on a regular basis
* To assist young people in making timely benefits claims and to monitor/intervene in ongoing claims as needed
* To support young people in making asylum claims/attending home office appointments.
2. Service Delivery
* To deliver services in accordance with the organisation’s policies and procedures at all times.
* To encourage and support young people’s participation and involvement in service delivery and design.
* To ensure case records and reports are completed clearly and accurately and comply with the relevant quality standards.
* To ensure confidentiality of all information relating to young people, including files, conversations etc.
* To be effective at multi-agency working and advocacy which will include large elements of communicating directly with Children’s Services, Jobcentres, Council benefits departments, training providers etc.
* To contribute to service development and review.
* To participate in and be prepared for supervision sessions with your line manager.
3. Property Management
* To assist in ensuring accommodation is clean and tidy and ready for occupation (i.e. cleaning, providing laundry and bedding etc).
* To assist in conducting new admissions and completing all paperwork.
* To observe Health and Safety requirements and to complete Health and safety checks of properties
* To assist young people in maintaining their tenancies
* To liaise with property management agents where needed and advocate on behalf of young people
4. Additional Info
* To promote young people’s equality, diversity rights and responsibilities and work within the organisations equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory policy.
* To work independently at various locations where it is assessed as appropriate to do so.
* To undertake any other duties appropriate to the post as may be requested by the Service Manager from time to time.
* This job description is provided to assist the post holder to understand his/her duties and may be amended from time to time without change to the level of responsibilities appropriate to the post.
* To manage an individual petty cash float and record expenditure according to procedures.
This role has the possibility to continue as a permanent role for a candidate who exceeds thier targets.
Please ‘Apply Now’ if you think you match the requirements for the above role or contact Zach Venn at City Recruitment for more information
3 weeks ago
Greater London, Brentford, United Kingdom