UK & IE IT Manager (TO-DBE08)
Found in: Whatjobs Premium
Description:UK & IE IT Manager
Location: Chiswick W4, London UK
The UK & IE IT Manager role will be responsible for 500 users in 10 construction sites across UK and Ireland,
The existing environment is based on Windows 10, O365, onPrem AD, tight group polices, SCCM...with slight variants on our JV projects.
You will directly manage the team responsible for installing, maintaining & servicing the SOE and supporting applications. This will mostly include, but will not be limited to desktop & laptops, android devices, printers & network devices, various standard and tailor-made software within the company.
The successful candidate will lead the team but still act as an escalation point within the corporate structure. You will define and execute the UK strategic plan and roadmap for the Information Technology function in support of the strategic and operational core objectives of the subsidiary and align it with the wider company IT vision.
The role will also be responsible for planning, directing, managing and overseeing the local applications and infrastructure as well as day to day activities and operations of the function on an ongoing basis.
Willingness to roll up sleeves and perform tasks during busy times.
Duties will include:
* Contribute to the achievement of Health and Safety in accordance with company policy
* To provide first line helpdesk support to clients, answering support queries via phone and email
* To mentor, coach, lead and manage the IT Team, including goal setting, priority management of tasks, performance appraisals and disciplinary actions
* Holding regular sessions with key stakeholders within the business and to understand long and short term technology needs and identifying opportunities for improvement.
* Supporting and championing technological and business ideas and changes to the global IT platform.
* To maintain a very high degree of customer service for all support queries
* Project manage all new IT installations.
* Troubleshoot Hardware, Software and LAN, including: cabling and patching, switching & VLAN.
* Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
* To understand the market place in which the company trades
* Responsible for the provision of IT infrastructure service including desktop applications, servers, IT security and Telecommunication.
* To manage all Telecoms from Landline, Broadband and mobile operations.
* Build strong relationships with all suppliers, and internally, being able to influence key figures up to and including Exec level.
* Manage relationships and service level agreements with third parties;
* Liaise with the IT department in Spain for best practices.
* Sign of all invoices generated by the IT department.
* Identify, prepare and carry out IT related training where necessary.
* Produce monthly reports
* Exceptional communication skills are essential in order to explain complex IT concepts to non-technical colleagues
* Good skills in building rapport with people at many levels in the business
* Logical person with excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
* Previous Helpdesk and/or Sysadmin experience
* Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems, MDM solutions
* Networking knowledge of Network technologies.
* Person of People
* Hands-on experience and proactive approach
Spanish language skills
ITIL framework certification
Microsoft and/or Cisco certificates
PMP / PRINCE2 project management certification
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
About Ferrovial Construction
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK have 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2 Enabling works, HS2 Main Works, Silvertown Tunnel (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon Station.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills
1 month ago
Greater London, Chiswick, United Kingdom