Tenancy Sustainment Job Coach
Found in: CV Library
Orbit is a fantastic business and one that’s really going places.
Orbit was formed in 1967 with the aim of providing good-quality housing for people who would otherwise not be able to afford to buy their own home.
Over 50 years later, we’re one of the leading housing providers in the UK. Our services have diversified, our housing portfolio has expanded, and our reputation as an innovator within our sector has grown. But one thing that has never changed. Our belief in people and what they can achieve.
Your role at Orbit.
Fantastic opportunity for experienced, capable individual with a background in employment skills, coaching and developing others. Your local office base would be Bexley, but the role involves travel across the region, so own transport is essential.
You will work with our customers remotely, in the community and in their homes using a coaching approach, so they can obtain employment and sustain tenancies. You will support in job seeking; CV writing, interview skills and signpost to suitable roles. You will proactively support our customer base via 1:1 and group coaching sessions. You will handle a caseload of approximately 70 - 100 and be happy to travel for the role.
What will help you make a difference.
* Experience of working to multiple KPIs.
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with previous business letter writing experience
* Ability to facilitate behaviour change, understanding and working with customers to achieve their aspirations as well as managing difficult conversations
* Good IT skills including word processing and ability to use spreadsheets and digital media
* Excellent numeracy skills, ability to record accurately and adhere to deadlines
* Prior experience of managing a caseload, evidencing the customer journey, SMART action planning and evidencing successful outcomes
* Ability to write clear and concise case records and case studies
* Proven track record of excellent customer service
* Experience of working in the field of mental health, financial inclusion, welfare benefits advice or support work, assessing the needs of vulnerable people and delivering success plans
* Good organisational skills and ability to manage own time and workload
* Good knowledge of welfare benefits regulations, energy advice and regulatory requirements and the protections of vulnerable adults and children
* Ability to travel to meet the requirements of the role - own transport essential
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain great people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of background, age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, religious belief, faith or disability. As part of our Armed Forces Covenant commitment, we welcome ex-services professionals to consider career opportunities at Orbit.
Rewarding your contribution.
For those who want or need more of a work life balance our view is that this role is suitable for WorkSmart. This means we would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs. Agile working arrangements will be discussed during the interview process.
Some of our core benefits include:
* Group bonus potential up to 15% of salary
* 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the “Orbit day”
* Private medical insurance
* Excellent contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
* A great pick and mix of flexible benefits including the option to buy and sell holiday and much more
Our culture and purpose.
We know that great people are central to achieving our ambitions and as such we want everyone to have a voice and make a positive difference. We are proud to be a Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for, this demonstrates we place people at the heart of everything we do. We continue to create a culture that celebrates diversity and an environment where everyone feels able to contribute towards achieving together.
We support our colleagues to be at their best through our wellbeing programme #ThisIsMe, our corporate learning programme, opportunities for professional development, our innovative approaches to making the world and our homes a greener place and our leading reward and recognition package. Because of this our people tell us Orbit is a great place to work for.
At Orbit, our people are enthusiastic and passionate about making a real difference to our customers and communities. We are one team where everyone is connected and encouraged to have the freedom to think differently.
Each year we build many new affordable homes and manage a total portfolio of around 45,000 properties. Over 100,000 people live in an Orbit home and our innovative approach empowers every one of them to grow and thrive. We are commercially driven. The more profit we make, the more we invest into the communities that we work for, improving services and playing a key role in driving UK housing growth.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
We have so much more that we’d like to share with you so please submit your CV demonstrating the value you could bring to Orbit.
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check
5 days ago
Bexley, Greater London, United Kingdom