Childrens Home Registered Manager
Found in: CV Library
CRG are recruiting for a Permanent Registered Manager (Children's Home) paying between £35,000 - £50,000 per annum in the West London area.
Your new company
Due to our clients' rapid expansion, we are actively seeking committed, conscientious, and high calibre Registered Manager to join their dynamic teams based in the West London area. The post holder will be responsible for managing all aspects of running the Home, for medium to long term planned placements (N.B. emergency short-term placements are also occasionally accommodated) to ensure young people are supported and prepared to move on to independent living.
To ensure that high levels of emotional and physical care, appropriate activities, comfortable accommodation, and the service of keyworkers are planned, provided and applied in accordance with home’s Procedures and Strategies.
Your new Registered Manager role
* To set, monitor and evaluate standards at individual, team performance and service quality so that the user and Company requirements are met and that the highest standards are maintained.
* To establish and manage the team communications systems ensuring that the Company procedures, policies, strategies and objectives are effectively communicated to all team members.
* To ensure that professional practice in the team is carried out to the highest standards and developed in line with the Company stated objectives of continual improvement in quality of its service to internal and external customers.
* To ensure that the Health and Safety policy, organisation arrangements and procedures as they related to areas, activities and personnel under your control are understood, implemented and monitored.
* To provide vision and leadership to staff within a specialist team, ensuring that effective systems are in place for workload allocation and management, the application of the companies policies and procedures, including those relating to equality, supervision and appraisal and all aspects of their performance, personal development, health and welfare.
* To ensure that policies and procedures are in place and are kept under regular review including the home safeguarding policy.
* To manage a designated budget (as required) ensuring that the company achieves value for money in all circumstances through the monitoring and control of expenditure and the early identification of any financial irregularity.
* Ensure that a robust staff rota is in place that offers adequate support to the children and young people, and ensure that the rota is retained for future reference.
* All members of staff will receive regular supervision and appraisal and it is the responsibility of each member of staff to follow the company’s procedure in respect of supervision and appraisal.
* To be responsible for the management, co-ordination and development of a range of quality services for young people referred and/or accommodated within the home.
* To ensure the Home exceeds all standards prescribed within (The children homes regulations 2015 including the quality standards).
* To ensure the children and young people's needs are met in line with the children homes regulations 2015 including the quality standards
* The above list is not exhaustive
What you'll need to succeed in the Registered Manager role
Must have: A level 3 diploma in the children and young people’s workforce.
Desirable: Level 5 diploma in management and leadership
Must be willing: To work towards the level 5 diploma in management and leadership
* 3+ years of residential childcare experience or in a similar role dealing with residential childcare
* All applicants must have a valid full manual UK/EU driving license and be over the age of 21 (in accordance with The Children’s Homes England Regulations 2015).
What you'll get in return
* Annual Leave: 28 days per annum (8 Bank Holiday's and 20 days A/L)
* Food and Refreshments available
* Pension scheme
Please ‘Apply Now’ if you think you match the requirements for the Registered Manager role or contact Tom Waddington at City Recruitment for more information.
1. Do you have a level 3 in Children and Young People workforce?
2. Do you have a level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management?
3. Have you worked in emotional behaviour difficulties?
4. You must be able to pass an Ofsted interview
5. You must have been in a senior or deputy manager role or combined for at least 4 years
5 days ago
Brentford, Greater London, United Kingdom