Found in: CV Library
Our client is a large, well established building and refurbishment contractor based in the Swansea area. They have been established for a number of years and have always been very successful across South Wales predominantly. They continue to grow, carrying out a diverse range of projects up to £100 million.
Due to ongoing growth they have approached us with the requirement to recruit a Bid Manager on to their Pre Con team.
Working within an established Pre Con set up, your roles and responsibilities will include:
* Appraisal of ITT/RFP documentation to identify key risks and opportunities;
* Organising and leading bid strategy meetings;
* Formulating bid programmes;
* Leading the bid management process;
* Leading the development of bid response that exceeds our client’s expectations;
* Preparing presentations and attending interviews;
* Formulating and developing alternative proposals inc. value engineering and optioneering;
* Input into the planning and programming and the development of construction methodologies;
* Directly supervise a Graphic Designer;
* To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager.
This role would suit an experienced Bid Manager or Coordinator looking for a step up, as well as having proven main contractor experience. Other skills and experience to be eligible for this role include:
* HNC/D or degree level in Construction Management/Civil Engineering (desirable);
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office inc. Word, Excel & PowerPoint;
* Enthusiasm and the desire to win;
* Ability to work flexibly to tight deadlines;
* Effective communicator with the ability to manage a team;
* Construction knowledge and commercial appreciation;
* Ability to author technical and quality narrative and edit same by others (desirable);
* Attention to detail;
* Effective communication – both written and oral;
* Experience of managing a team in a bidding role;
* Good knowledge of building, civil engineering and general construction techniques and methodology;
* An understanding of the design and procurement process and an awareness of contractual matters.
On offer is the opportunity to work with a large and recognised contractor that can offer a structured career path. Apply on line for further details
7 days ago
Swansea, City and County of Swansea, United Kingdom