Customs Clearance Clerk
Found in: CV Library
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a start-up firm, within the Shipping & Logistics industry, as a Customs Clearance Clerk to be based at offices in Brentford.
With aspirations to become a major UK player within the field of Freight Forwarding & Customs Brokerage, the company leverages specialist knowledge and new technologies to provide an outstanding quality of service to its customers. The company is a start-up firm approaching the customs brokerage and freight forwarding industry with fresh eyes and a rationale business perspective.
Helping international traders to manage their risk and optimise their profits is one of the core skills of the founder who previously spent 13 years working in the City of London as a financial risk and solution sales consultant, catering to a clientele of start-ups, small businesses, large corporates, banks, asset managers, governments, central banks and institutional investors around the world.
Main Purpose of the Role:
Processing valid customs declarations on behalf of Importers/Exporters, and accurately advise them on Tariff classification and Origin for goods, as well as correct calculation of Duties and VAT payable to HMRC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Accurately collect the required information to process Imports and Exports clearances in compliance with HMRC guidelines.
* Sense check data provided by our customers against required source and advise on potential errors.
* Accurately input data provided by our customers into Cargowise software system
* Create valid Customs declarations through CHIEF / CDS (Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight / Customs Declaration Service)
* Track and Trace Customs files
* Create Transit declarations through NCTS (New Computerised Transit System)
* Spot and raise any issues causing goods to be delayed through customs clearance documentation errors, especially giving cause to possible extra costs
* Maintain an open communication and develop trusted working relationships with clients and colleagues
* Deal with internal and external queries effectively and efficiently.
* Interact with customs authorities to address any issues/questions that may arise during the clearing process.
To Be Considered:
* Experience of working in a customs brokerage environment is essential, as well as familiarisation with customs processes, customs systems (CHIEF/CDS) and HMRC.
* Understanding of the HMRC Tariff, rules of origin, Duty and VAT calculations, Incoterms for a diverse range of product types.
* If no previous experience a BIFA, CILT, UK Customs Academy or Institute of Export and International Trade qualification is a minimum requirement
* Extremely organized with a high level of attention to detail.
* Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills.
* Excellent IT knowledge including Microsoft Office.
* Have a good understanding of phytosanitary or veterinary requirements, pharmaceutical or technical regulations, quantitative quotas, licensing requirements, dual use goods, market protections and access regulations, trading standard requirements.
* Keep up to date on all regulatory requirements.
* Minimum GCSE Standard in English and Maths (or Equivalent) is essential.
* A competitive salary in line with skills and experience
* A great benefits package which includes Healthcare & Bonus
* Genuine opportunities for career progression within this new, upcoming business with exciting plans for expansion
* The chance to join a new, supportive team of like-minded individuals.
For more details, please contact Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry
5 days ago
Brentford, Greater London, United Kingdom