Found in: CV Library
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a start-up firm, within the Shipping & Logistics industry, as a Freight Forwarder, to be based at offices in Brentford.
With aspirations to become a major UK player within the field of Freight Forwarding & Customs Brokerage, the company leverages specialist knowledge and new technologies to provide an outstanding quality of service to its customers. The company is a start-up firm approaching the customs brokerage and freight forwarding industry with fresh eyes and a rationale business perspective.
Helping international traders to manage their risk and optimise their profits is one of the core skills of the founder who previously spent 13 years working in the City of London as a financial risk and solution sales consultant, catering to a clientele of start-ups, small businesses, large corporates, banks, asset managers, governments, central banks and institutional investors around the world.
Main Purpose of the Role:
Arranging the international carriage of commercial goods via Air, Sea, and Road, on behalf of importers and exporters, so that the freight arrives at its destination in good condition, at the right time, and in the most cost-effective way.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Timely complete and respond to all customers inquiries surrounding transport solutions.
* Arrange Road, Sea and Air Freight Import& Export Shipments on behalf of customers.
* Accurately input data provided by our customers into Cargowise software system
* Request and Negotiate Price quotations from airlines/shipping lines/hauliers informing about the Freight price, terminal charges, cost of special documents, insurance prices, as well as prices for handling the goods.
* Accurately collect required information from clients and liaise with the Customs clearance team to prepare documentation for Imports & Exports and calculate VAT/Duties cost, in compliance with HMRC guidelines.
* Accurately input data provided by our customers into Datafreight or Multifreight software system and complete accurate shipment bookings and create HAWB, MAWB, Bill of Lading, CMR.
* Create valid Customs declarations through CHIEF / CDS (Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight / Customs Declaration Service)
* Create Transit declarations through NCTS (New Computerised Transit System)
* Monitor customer cargo collections and deliveries.
* Arrange clients Invoicing & Payments.
* Maintain an open communication and develop trusted working relationships with the customs clearance and freight forwarding teams.
* Interact with customs authorities to address any issues/questions that may arise during the shipping process.
* Actively promote and develop the full range of freight forwarding services.
To Be Considered:
* Experience of working in a freight forwarding environment is essential - Airfreight and/or Seafreight and/or Roadfreight.
* Experience with documentation services (Certificates of origin, Letters of Credit, etc.)
* If no previous experience a BIFA, CILT, or Institute of Export and International Trade qualification is a minimum requirement.
* Understanding of HMRC Tariff, rules of origin, Duty and VAT calculations, Incoterms for a diverse range of product types.
* Extremely organized with a high level of attention to detail.
* Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills.
* Excellent IT knowledge including Microsoft Office.
* Have a good understanding of phytosanitary or veterinary requirements, pharmaceutical or technical regulations, quantitative quotas, licensing requirements, dual use goods, market protections and access regulations, trading standard requirements.
* Keep up to date on all regulatory requirements.
* Minimum GCSE Standard in English and Maths (or Equivalent) is essential.
* A competitive salary in line with skills and experience
* A great benefits package which includes Healthcare & Bonus
* Genuine opportunities for career progression within this new, upcoming business with exciting plans for expansion
* The chance to join a new, supportive team of like-minded individuals
For more details, please contact Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry
5 days ago
Brentford, Greater London, United Kingdom