Graduate Water Use Data Scientist
Found in: Joblift
We currently have two Graduate Data Scientist positions available for motivated individuals to join our team based in Exeter. Joining us on a full-time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £24,000 - £28,000 per annum, depending on experience.
South West Water is part of the Pennon Group, a very successful and stable business that prides itself on sustainability. We provide reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for a population of c. 1.7 million in Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today’s residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.
- Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders
- Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact
- Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other
- Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits which include free car parking at the majority of our sites, company Sharesave Scheme, childcare support, and various health benefits.
As our Graduate Data Scientist, you will deliver reporting systems for leakage consistency reporting compliance, and drive efficiency from point of abstraction to delivery to customers. You will combine multiple data sources and company systems to deliver advanced data analysis and machine learning solutions to accurately determine demand from losses in clean water flows across the water supply network. You will also provide increased support to operational leakage delivery towards successful company regulatory committed performance.
- Supporting leakage reduction performance using data from thousands of network sensors and other big data sets
- Applying statistical modelling along with a range of tools including Python, R and SQL to deliver business insights
- Implementing machine learning techniques on leakage, Water Balance and customer data to deliver additional operational benefits such as forecasting and anomaly detection
- Delivering improved efficiency and management of leakage performance reporting, tracking and forecasting key metrics through development of innovative reporting and data analytics
- Working with the Leakage Reporting team to improve and maintain leakage consistency reporting compliance throughout AMP7
- Focusing on leakage data and systems to drive operational performance through the creation of operational decision-making tools, use of innovative data analytics and support their implementation
- Communicating insights effectively using visualisation software and web applications
- Supporting the Water Use Reporting Systems Manager and Data Strategy Lead in integrating and preparing information for regular performance and annual regulators reporting of leakage activities
- Working with the Leakage Reporting team to produce innovative collaboration tools, enabling straightforward interaction of information and activities between reporting and delivery teams
- 5 GCSE’s or equivalent
- Have a computer science, mathematics or data science background
- Programming experience in Python or R
- Experience of using AI/machine learning methods to predict outcomes
- Numeracy skills with the ability to grasp complex issues and deal with large volumes of data
- Technical ability to understand complex technical issues and convert into clear action plans/programmes of work
- Ability to visualise data using a variety of visualisation tools
- The ability to produce and communicate accurate information that will stand up to external audit
Closing date: 1st April 2021
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as one of our Graduate Data Scientist – we look forward to receiving your application.
7 days ago
Exeter, United Kingdom