Autism Teaching Assistant
Found in: The Educator
We are recruiting for September 2020
Are you a Teaching Assistant with Autism specialism?
Do you want to make the ordinary possible for children and young people with Autism?
With this school, Teaching Assistants are referrred to as Teaching and Behaviour Specialists. The role combine's teaching and learning with a behavioural approach. We are looking for creative and talented individuals to make a positive difference to our learner's lives. We are investors in our people, providing excellent training programmes and personal development plans to get the very best from them. Come and join us on our journey in delivering our 2020 ambitious approach.
Our Ambitious Approach is our model of best education practice, developed over years of direct work with autistic children and young people. It comprises of a person-centred, values based, trans-disciplinary and underpinned by a whole-organisational Positive Behaviour Support framework. TreeHouse school is an Ofsted Outstanding non-maintained special school, providing support and education to over 90 pupils aged 4-19. We have high aspirations for our pupils and learners. Our goal for all our pupils and learners is that when they leave our settings they will have the opportunity to access employment, further education or training and to live as part of the communities of their choice.
Your role as a Teaching and Behaviour Specialist: • Provide day to day support, delivering 1:1, paired and small group teaching, and learner sessions using a behavioural approach (PBS)
• Supervise and support community-based learning and educational visits
• Help to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
• Working with key pupils to help develop their personal plans and aspirations
• Supporting pupils to develop crucial life skills to help them thrive.
• You will be well organised, have good planning skills, have experience of working with children and young people with autism using a behavioural approach, a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Above all, you will also need the physical and emotional resilience to work with young people who often present behaviours that challenge.
Benefits at School once becoming a permanent staff member:
• A vibrant team of experts, Speech & Language Therapists, Behaviour Analysts, Occupational Therapist's and Specialist Teachers
• Highly competitive annual salary
• Free healthy breakfast every day
• Cycle to work scheme
• Continuous professional and personal development
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Subsidised classes and activities including Yoga, Zumba, Running Club and Book Clubs.
We will be interviewing till the end of June for this position so don't heistate to apply today or send your CV to Chey at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
7 days ago
Muswell Hill, United Kingdom