Goods In Operative
Found in: Jooble UK Premium
Goods in Operative
Location: Yapton (West Sussex)
The client is one of the souths largest distribution centres of plants and flowers which are distributed to clients across the UK.
Pay: £8.91 P/HOUR
Type of Work: Temporary until September (maybe longer depending on client’s requirements)
Shift: 7am/8am – until finish (Will vary depending on operational requirements)
Sunday to Thursday but client also needs cover for Fridays and Saturdays. This can be shared with other members of the team if required. Can discuss further during registration.
Full training given, no experience required.
Main Requirements of the Role
Working within a small team working together to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Fast pace - large amount of deliveries arrive each day and need to be unloaded ready for the production line.
- Task Completion - Carry out tasks in a timely accurate and professional manner.
- Physical work - you will be required to move two/three trollies at a time and are full of products so can be heavy.
- Attention to detail - checking labels and ensuring correct product is scanned.
- Good numeracy & literacy - Able to read paperwork and check labels using a handheld computer.
- Flexible - able to work until finish, this will vary each day depending on operational requirements.
Reporting to your Goods-In Supervisor you will;
- Unloading of product trollies from vehicles in goods-in bay
- Scanning/booking in product using handheld computer
- Positioning the trollies in readiness for entering production.
- Adhering to Health and Safety standards and company policies within your working area at all times.
- Ensuring that all working areas are clan and tidy at all times.
- Communicating with other departments.
- Assisting in other areas of the business when required.
- Can do attitude – wanting to get the job completed on time
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive, able to demonstrate a forward thinking approach
- Own transport would be desired due to location however we can offer transport from Bognor (fees apply) but this is subject to availability.
An Equal Opportunities Employer. All applicants will be considered on the grounds of their skills and merits, and all applicants will be considered equally regardless of any protected characteristic in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
5 days ago
Walberton, United Kingdom