Tool Hire Supervisor 583108 (TO-73535)
Found in: Jooble
Who are we ?
At Jewson we pride ourselves on our ability to provide a great welcome to our customers, being proactive when helping them, being trusted, and recognised for our ‘customer first’ approach. If you enjoy a customer-facing role where you are responsible for driving sales and business opportunities, and enjoy working with mechanical equipment, then this Tool Hire Supervisor could be a great opportunity for you.
This Tool Hire Supervisor role is working in our Jewson Branch in Hull . Jewson is the biggest employer in the UK Saint-Gobain business, with over 500 braches.
What will I be doing in this role?
The Tool Hire Supervisor role is a varied and busy role. You will be focused on generating profitable Tool Hire business by building relationships with customers both face to face and via the telephone to achieve maximum sales, while ensuring effective and efficient running of Tool Hire in line with Health & Safety guidelines.
Key day to day duties include:
- Supervising a small team to ensure that profitable customer relationships are built and maintained; driving sales and seeking new business opportunities with new and existing customers
- The creative and efficient scheduling, allocation and management of the tools – working closely with other local branches to ensure that all contracts can be fulfilled to maximum capacity
- Ensure sales orders and delivery schedules are processed accurately and promptly and advising customers on trading terms and conditions
- Servicing and maintenance of all tools making sure that any technical problems, faults and repairs are dealt with efficiently
- Administration duties to ensure that all tool hire reports and health & safety data is up to date
What skills are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; this means that we are open to applications from all Saint-Gobain businesses and would welcome you to apply if you can demonstrate the following key skills:
- A customer-focused approach and the ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with customers and suppliers
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to manage customer needs whilst maximising profit
- Strong mechanical mind-set – you may not have worked with tools before but can demonstrate an understanding of, or interest in mechanical equipment
- A positive attitude and the desire to want to continually improve our service
- A full driving licence to be able to deliver equipment locally
Please note that product and system training can be provided where applicants may lack this knowledge. We encourage applications from all background if you can demonstrate the skills highlighted.
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here:
1 week ago
East Yorkshire, United Kingdom