Construction Project Manager (TO-848D3)
Found in: Whatjobs
Description:Construction Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, monitoring and controlling all aspects of the projects to which he/she is appointed including ensuring the successful delivery of the projects on time and to the specified cost, quality standards and performance.
Construction Project Manager Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Management of one or more capital projects including refurbishments, redevelopments and new builds in accordance with the project management processes and policies.
* Preparation of a detailed project plans to ensure successful completion of each stage of the project.
* To undertake the appointment and effective management of a team of design consultants and the main contractor for the project.
* Responsible for the effective supervision and management of the contract, including change and performance management and for the successful delivery of the project .
* Responsible for management of the projects on a day-to-day basis, ensuring compliance with appropriate legislation, statutory approvals etc
* Ensuring that all aspects of the projects are managed on the basis of best practice
* Responsible for ensuring the correct surveys are carried out, for example structural and asbestos surveys.
* Implementing the Company Health & Safety Procedures including safety inspections of the site and ensuring regulations relating to health & safety are being met.
* Managing the day-to-day work on site.
* Produce reports to the director and all other parties involved to make the aware of the progress of the projects.
* Responsible for management of the project budgets, including purchase orders and budget costs.
* Authorise payments to contractors and suppliers using Xero/Purchase Orders.
* Managing the projects to ensure that us and the Client achieve best value for money
* Liaising effectively with the Client and key internal parties, ensuring that they are fully involved during the design development, construction, handover and post project review stages, including signing off the Brief and design at outline and detailed design
* Identify and assess risk throughout the project including drawing up and regularly reviewing and updating the construction programme.
The Profile Successful Construction Project Manager Candidate should have:
* Project management qualifications
* Significant experience of successful project management of projects of high value (up to £10m) and complex projects in a construction related role.
* In-depth knowledge of pre-construction processes and of project management methodologies and techniques and D&B knowledge experience.
* Good understanding of construction contract management
* Excellent IT skills including use of MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Project.
* Ability to present and discuss complex financial, technical and contractual information.
* Able to work as part of a team
* Previous UK Construction experience is mandatory
* Ability to manage the sub-contractors on site
* Strong work ethic and an excellent communicator.
The successful Construction Project Manager candidate will be expected to start immediately .Salary will be dependant upon experience
2 weeks ago
Charlton, Greater London, United Kingdom