Primary School Tutor
Found in: Whatjobs
Description:We are working alongside Success for All and the Fischer Family Trust to recruit tutors to facilitate a literacy programme to small groups of children from Years 1 to 4. The Lightning Squad Literacy programme is a blended approach with in-person tutoring supported by an online tutoring platform in the form of half-hour daily sessions working with 4 pupils at a time to improve reading skills, fluency, comprehension, spelling and phonics. Since it is an established evidence-based programme, course content is provided and 2 days of paid training allows you to familiarise yourself with the course, set-up, assessment etc.
Training will be facilitated by Success for All and FFT, with all materials being provided such as a User guide, Participation book and course content in hard copies for your easy access when tutoring begins. Weekly check-in sessions whilst tutoring and a 5-day week technical helpline, will support you to deliver this successful programme.
This is an amazing tutoring role allowing you to learn from industry experts and gain a real sense of job satisfaction delivering an established and successful literacy programme. Since we envisage Tutoring programmes to play a vital role in Primary School education for the next 2 years, opportunities can be viewed as long-term, yet flexible.
General Purpose of the role:
To provide daily half-hours tuition sessions with 4 pupils at a time, in a face to face capacity, within a school setting, as directed and according to computer led instruction and material. To record data, participate in evaluations and compose reports as directed on pupil progress and outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Oversee the overall tutoring project for assigned school and selected pupils
* Collect required data for project
* Implement methods for data quality assurance
* Write reports on implementation as needed with relevant data and information
* Assist in administrative duties related to assigned school/s and the project
* Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve pupil and school objectives
* Adhere to all policies and protocols of the school and Operam Education Group
* Act in a professional manner and with pupils and colleagues
* Perform other duties, as assigned to fulfil the role successfully
Education & Experience:
* Teaching qualification or experience as a HLTA
* Experience working within a primary school setting (essential)
* GCSEs in English Language, maths and a science at Grade C or above (essential)
* Driving license (desirable)
* Ability to use Microsoft Word in the creation, editing, and review of documents including formatting text and tables
* Ability to use Microsoft Excel in the creation and use of spreadsheets including sorting and filtering data, using basic formulas, and creating graphs
* Ability to use Microsoft Outlook for sending and receiving email, maintaining a work calendar, and scheduling appointments
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Organise data and accurately understand and report data
* Engage pupils in creative and versatile teaching style
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships
* Interact with pupils
* Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
* Prioritise, organise, and delegate assignments
* Make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
* Analyse and solve problems
* Work in a team-oriented environment and participate in all team meetings and assignments
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Work is normally performed in school; however, online tutoring would occur in the event of any lockdown/isolation measures.
Find out more details about the programme here
Note: This is part of the approved National Tutoring Programme
3 months ago
Charlton, Greater London, United Kingdom
The Education Specialists